There are several ways to incorporate images into your website. From grids to cascading tiled views, we’ve got you covered for sharp image layouts. Using our slideshow option is a great way to add animation to your image display. For information on all photo options, please view our ‘Adding Images’ help article. For help with image positioning or sizing issues, please view the ‘Image Sizing’ help article.
Note: Images must be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format.
This help article includes the following:
- The quantity of images that can be added to your website
- How to add an image slideshow to the content area
- How to add an image slideshow to the header area
- How to delete slideshow images
Quantity of Images
The number of images permitted for your website is determined by your plan type.
- Lite plan: 100 image uploads
- Standard plan: 500 image uploads
- Pro plan: Unlimited image uploads
Note: Each image file counts toward your limit (Lite and Standard plans), regardless of size or type. Image limit includes all images uploaded across all features that allow images to be uploaded (not per feature). When you’ve reached your limit, a message about upgrading will be posted to your account. At that point, you can upgrade to a higher plan or delete image files to free up space.
How to add a slideshow of images to the content area:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Photo Gallery’ feature and use the placement arrows to set the feature’s location
- Enter the title of your gallery
- Click the ‘Add’ button
- Click ‘Upload photo(s)’ or ‘select from Dropbox’
- Select the photos to upload from your computer or import from your Dropbox account
- After the images are loaded, click the ‘Gallery settings’ tab in the options pane on the left, and set these items:
- Title: The name of your photo gallery.
- Show title over gallery: Choose to display or hide the photo gallery title on the live page.
- Show share links: When selected, you or a visitor can share the photo gallery to Facebook, Twitter, or email directly from links on the live page.
- Gallery type: select ‘Slideshow’
- Zoom image to fill frame: Removes the blank bars from the sides of your slideshow area.
- Auto-advance slides every: Set the length of time for which each image is displayed.
- Slideshow Transition Time: Set how quickly an image transitions to the next one.
- Transition type: Set the style of the image transitions.
- Click ‘Save’
How to add a slideshow of images to the header area:
Note: In the first step of the trial setup, your website is loaded with a stock image. In the second step of the trial setup you can upload your own image, or switch the stock image. This custom image can be changed to another image at any time, or edited to create a slideshow by adding more images.
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, hover your cursor over the header and click when you see the ‘Edit Image’ button appear
- In the left-hand pane, click ‘Add more images to make a slideshow’
Click ‘Upload Image(s)’
Note: You can upload an image from your computer, select a previously-uploaded image, choose a stock photo from our gallery, or import images from your Dropbox account.
From here there are 3 ways to adjust the image
- Focal point tool: Click and drag the blue Focal Point dot to the most important part of the image. This is the part of the image that will stay in view when the site is scaled down on mobile devices. From here you can click the tablet and mobile phone icons in the top right corner to preview how the image will appear on those devices.
- Dragging the image: Depending on the image size, there may be some room to adjust its position. Click and drag the image vertically or horizontally to set it in place. If nothing happens when you click and drag, this means the placement cannot be modified because the complete image is being displayed.
- Zooming: Use the zoom slider to zoom the image in or out. After adjusting the zoom you may be able to click and drag the image to the position of your choice, depending on the image size.
- Repeat these steps for each image you add to the header slideshow
- Toggle ‘Apply to all pages’ if you’d like to display the slideshow on each page of your website
- Click ‘Save’
Note: You can add up to 5 images to the header slideshow, per page. Different images can be added to each page’s slideshow. For more information on this feature, please view the ‘Header Slideshow’ help article.
If you’d like to delete images from a slideshow:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click the header image or ‘Photo Gallery’ feature (depending on where your slideshow is displayed)
- Hover your cursor over the image you’d like to delete and click the ‘X’
- Click ‘Save’
Note: It’s not possible to delete all images from the header slideshow - there must be at least one image in the header area.