Adding video to your website brings your online presence to life. You can add pre-recorded video, or a live stream video to engage your fans.
The 'Video' feature allows you to easily integrate videos and live streams from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitch, and Crowdcast into your website using the video URL.
How to add video to your website:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, select ‘Add feature’
- Select ‘Video’ and use the placement arrows to set the feature’s location
In the ‘Video Link/Embed Code’ field, paste in one of the following:
- YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitch, or Crowdcast video URL: You can find this in the address bar of your video page. Make sure the "https://www." portion of the URL is included in the address. This is ideal for a live stream video.
- Video embed code: Use this option to add an embed code from YouTube or Vimeo. This can be useful for a pre-recorded video with specific settings such as start time, size, or a playlist.
- Set the video display size
- Click ‘Save’
You can add multiple videos to your website, each one in their own Video feature. Just repeat the steps above per video.
A YouTube video set to ‘private’ will not work. It must be set to public or unlisted to be viewable on your website. Unlisted videos will show up on your website, but aren’t searchable on YouTube.
We currently do not offer the option to upload video directly from your computer.
Where to add videos on your website
1. 'Video' feature: Add a 'Video' feature on any page. You can gate a live stream or pre-recorded video behind a password protected page, or add video for your fan subscribers on a tiered page.
2. 'Tip Jar' feature: Add a video to your 'Tip Jar' feature by adding a link in the ‘Video or embed code’ field. For more on how to set up your 'Tip Jar', please see Tip Jar feature.
3. Fan subscriptions: Add a video to help describe your fan subscriptions offering by adding a link in the ‘Video or embed code’ field in your Introduction settings. For more on how to set up fan subscriptions on your website, please see Creating a 'Subscriptions' page.
To learn more about selling tickets to live streams, please see Selling tickets to live stream events.