Adding a ‘Calendar’ feature to your website is a great way to let visitors and fans know about your upcoming shows. You can share gig details directly from your website, and Pro plan members can even sell event tickets.
This help article includes:
- How to add a 'Calendar' feature to your website
- How to add a new event to your 'Calendar' feature
- 'Calendar' feature tools
You can add multiple calendar features to your pages. When you add a new calendar, you will choose to add a new one, or choose an existing calendar to display dates.
How to add a 'Calendar' feature to your website:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Calendar’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the location of the feature
How to add a new event to your 'Calendar' feature:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click the ‘Calendar’ feature
- Click ‘Add Event’
- Add your event details
- Time and date:
- Use the calendar field at the top to set the date
- Show time: Toggle on to select a time from the dropdown time options, including hour, minute, and AM/PM
- Recur type: Use the dropdown to select a recurrence frequency from the following options
- Does not repeat
- Add end date/time: Toggle on to select an end date and time
- Display time zone: For live-streams or international tours, toggle on and select the time zone from the dropdown options
- Event confirmed: Toggle on to have your event displayed on your site. If this option is toggled off, the event will appear in your ‘Manage events’ area and you can update this option when the event is confirmed.
- Name and Location:
- Event name: Title of the show or tour
- Location name: Name of the venue
- Location URL: Add the URL for the live stream event or venue
- Street: Street address of venue
- City/Town: City/town of venue
- Save this location: When checked, the location will be saved to your account, so you don’t have to fill in the same venue information each time. You can save up to 100 locations. Choose Previous Locations to select a previously created location.
- Show map link?: Adds a ‘View on Google Maps’ link to the venue location on your website.
- Event details:
- Event description: Enter the event information including age restrictions, VIP details, etc.
- Add image: Upload an image from your computer or from Dropbox. Useful for a custom show poster or a promo photo.
- Sell tickets:
- Don't sell tickets online
- Sell tickets through another website
- Tickets link: Enter the URL of the website where tickets can be purchased
- Price info: Add the ticket price
- Sell tickets through my website (Pro only)
- Price: Set the amount for one ticket
- Is on sale: Select and assign a sale price or a percentage off
- Subscriber pricing: Toggle on to add special pricing for people who subscribe to your site.
- Lowest applicable tier: Use the dropdown to select the lowest subscriber tier that subscriber pricing will apply to. All higher tiers will receive the Subscriber pricing.
- Subscriber purchase type: Choose the purchase type from the drop down
- Subscriber price: Add the ticket price for subscribers
- Receipt note: Include a message for your customer.
- Track inventory: Assign a maximum number of tickets available for purchase. The system will automatically mark the tickets as ‘unavailable’ when the number of available tickets is reached.
- Time and date:
- Click ‘Save’
Note: Tickets apply to single events only - not recurring events.
Calendar feature tools
In your ‘Calendar’ feature, you’ll see a sidebar with a list of tools and options to manage your events. Here is a breakdown of what you can do in each tab:
Your ‘Events list’ will automatically display upcoming events. You can click on the filter at the top to change the view to ‘Upcoming,’ ‘Past,’ or ‘Repeating’ events to easily modify and track.
- Display format: This option allows you to choose how you’d like the events displayed on the page. You can change the display format for your events ‘Calendar’ feature at any time without affecting your existing event listings.
- List: Displays the events as a list. Provides the option to set the quantity of upcoming and past events displayed on the page. You can display up to 20 upcoming and 20 past events on the page. Event details are included in a list view on the main page.
- Table: Displays upcoming events in a nicely formatted table with columns (date, event, location) and a link to past events. Event titles are clickable, and will display a pop up with additional event details if specified.
- Carousel: Displays 2-4 events on a slide at a time. Visitors can scroll through the events using the slider, or click to see the full list.
- Calendar: A view of your upcoming and past events by month. Visitors can click highlighted dates for event details, and browse through the months.
- Show share links: If selected, this will display share links for the events, so that visitors can easily post your events to social media or send them by email. This option creates a permalink for your event and boosts your SEO. To learn more about this option, visit the ‘Sharing Events’ help article.
If you’ve selected the option to sell tickets for an event, this tab will allow you to view or print your guest list. You can share this list with venue staff by sending them the URL and password.
The ‘Discount codes’ feature is available to members on the Pro plan, and allows you to generate a code to distribute to fans. The discount will apply to anything in their cart, including digital downloads, physical merch, and tickets. To learn more, check out the ‘Adding Sales and Discounts’ help article.
This is used to set up payment processing for selling tickets. For more information, please view the ‘Selling Event Tickets’ help article.
You can view your overall transaction history in this tab. You can also view your transaction history by clicking on the ‘View transactions & sales’ link in your dashboard.
In this tab you can add a Thank you message that will appear once the customer completes their purchase. This message appears for all completed transactions across your site.