The Custom Form feature allows your site visitors to submit a contact form, which is then sent to you by email. Generally this form is set to include name, email, and message fields; but it can be further customized.
This Help article includes:
- How to add a Custom Form feature to your website
- Form options
- How to view form submissions
Adding a Custom Form feature to your website
How to add a contact form to your website using the Custom Form feature:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Custom Form’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the location of the feature
- Enter a ‘Form title’ (or click ‘Use existing form’ to an existing form to the page)
Click ‘Create new form’ This form is set to include name, email, and message fields but can be customized with the following field types (each field requires a title):
- Email address: Website visitor can enter their email address (this field can only be added once)
- Name: Website visitor can enter their name (this field can only be added once)
- Short text: Displays a text box for visitors to enter a few words or a short phrase.
- Big text: Displays a text box for visitors to enter more text; suitable for paragraphs.
- Checkbox: Website visitor can select multiple options from the list you provide.
- Multiple choice: Website visitor can select one option from the list you provide.
- Date: Website visitor can enter a date
- Setting a field to ‘Required’ means the custom form will not be submitted without the field being completed.
- Generally the Custom Form feature is used on a Contact page, but you can add it to any page. It can also be used to add different forms to various pages.
Best practice: The more options you add, the less likely a visitor is to fill out the custom form. For this reason it’s best to limit the fields to name, email, and message.
Once your website visitor fills in the fields and clicks ‘submit’, they will be directed to a page of your choosing. This allows you to answer any questions you anticipate them having; or you can use the opportunity to promote a project that is currently underway; or you can just say "thanks!"
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page where the ‘Custom Form’ feature is displayed
- Click the ‘Custom Form’ feature
- Select ‘Form Options’ from the list on the left
- Title: The title of your custom form. (Recommended: Contact)
- Thank you message: This is the message your website visitor will see after they click the ‘submit’ button
- Send notifications to: This is the email address where the submission or the form notification will be sent after your visitor clicks ‘submit’. By default, this is the address you use to log in to your Bandzoogle account, but it can be customized
- After submission: From the drop-down, choose which page your website visitor will see after they click ‘submit’
- Click ‘Save’
Custom Form submissions
A list is automatically compiled of all form submissions through the Custom Form feature on your website. When you receive a submission, you’ll receive an email notification from Bandzoogle. To view your submissions, login to your Bandzoogle account and follow these steps:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, select the page where the ‘Custom Form’ feature is displayed
- Click the ‘Custom Form’ feature
- Click ‘Submissions’ in the list on the left
- To view the list of submissions: You can get an at-a-glance view of the submissions received from your custom form. This will list all submissions sent through this specific form.
- To export the list of submissions: Click the ‘Export CSV’ button. This will download a CSV (comma separated values) sheet to your computer, which can be viewed it through Google Sheets or Excel.
- To print an individual submission: Click the date of the submission in the list, then click the ‘Print’ button.
- To delete an individual submission:
- Option 1: Click the ‘x’ next to an individual submission in the list.
- Option 2: Click the date to open the individual submission, then click ‘Delete this submission’
Best practice: Don’t display your email address on your website. Spambots crawl sites looking for this type of information, and your inbox will be filled with spam once they find your email address. Using the Custom Form feature is a great alternative. Once someone submits a form you will be notified by email, and your address will remain invisible to online spambots.