Are you just getting started with your music website but don’t want anyone else to see it until your launch date? Or perhaps you’re opting to redesign your site and want it appear under construction in the meantime.
In order to hide your website from view, but leave your .com address active, you can put it into maintenance mode.
Note: Maintenance mode is available on all Bandzoogle plans, including the Free Trial plan.
How to set your website to maintenance mode
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’
- Select ‘Site wide settings’ below your list of pages
- Select ‘Maintenance Mode’
- Click the toggle beside ‘Set site to maintenance mode’
Anyone who visits your homepage will now see the Maintenance Mode page. While in Maintenance Mode, some functions (like track playback) will not operate in your editor.
Editing your maintenance page design
You may want to add some text to your Maintenance Mode page to let visitors know when you’ll be launching your website, or when you’ll be back online. Here’s how to adjust the messaging:
- In the ‘Maintenance page design’ section below the toggle setting, click ‘Edit Details’
- Set a title
- Set a message
- Set a custom background color by clicking on the colour swatch and selecting a colour
- Click ‘Save’
Note: You can still click the ‘View Site’ button to view a page directly while you’re working in the ‘Edit Content’ or ‘Edit Theme’ tabs.