When you create a Bandzoogle website, we give you the option to add the pages and features you want to use. We have many features so ‘Adding Features’ (with a Features Overview list) is covered in another help article. After a feature has been added you can move or delete it.
In this help article we’ll cover the following:
- How to move a feature to a new place on the page
- How to move a feature to another page
- How to delete a feature
- Deleted content behavior
To learn how to add a new feature to a page, please view the ‘Adding Features’ help article.
Moving a Feature (same page)
How to move a feature to a new place on the page: 1. From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, hover the cursor over the feature you want to adjust, and click the ‘Move’ icon 2. Use the placement arrows on that page to set the feature’s location - Gray arrow: Will place the feature within the same section and/or into a new column. - Blue arrow: Will create a new section for the feature.
Moving a Feature (Another page)
How to move a feature to another page on your website:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, hover the cursor over the feature you want to adjust, and click the ‘Move’ icon
- Click ‘Pages’
- Select the page to which you’d like to move the feature
- Use the placement arrows on the new page to set the feature’s location
- Gray arrow: Will place the feature within the same section and/or into a new column.
- Blue arrow: Will create a new section for the feature.
Note: A feature cannot be moved within the header space, or to a location without a placement arrow.
Deleting a Feature
How to delete a feature from the page:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, hover the cursor over the feature you want to remove and click the ‘Trash’ icon
- In the ‘Remove feature?’ pop-up, click ‘Remove’
Warning: There is no way to undo this ‘Remove’ action within the popup. To add back the feature, you would need to start from clicking ‘Add Feature’ in the ‘Edit Content’ tab.
Once removed, the following features will not retain any previously-added content. The content of these removed features will be gone and cannot be recovered. Proceed with caution.
- Image and Text (images are saved in the image chooser)
- My Sites
- Call-to-Action Header
- Mailing List SignUp Form
- Hit Counter
The Bandzoogle staff does not have access to deleted content or settings, so these cannot be recovered.
Google may have a cached version of your website which might display the deleted content. Here are the steps to check:
- In your internet browser, do a Google search for the page your content was previously on.
- You must include the page name after your website address. Example: websiteaddress.com/pagename
- When you are typing the address into the search or address bar, click the result that shows ‘ - Google Search’ next to it.
- Click the green arrow to the right of the site URL.
- Click ‘Cached’.
This will display the last version of your website stored in Google’s servers. If you see the deleted content there, you can try to copy it and paste it back into the new feature version in your Bandzoogle site editor.
Saved or Stored Content
The following features will allow you to re-add previously uploaded content but customized settings would need to be reset:
- Music (Saved: uploaded audio files and albums)
- Site-Wide Player (Saved: uploaded audio files)
- Store (Saved: store items)
- Photo Gallery (Saved: galleries, in the image gallery chooser. When re-adding select ‘Use an existing gallery’)
- Image (Saved: images, in the image chooser)
- Blog (Saved: blogs. When re-adding select ‘Use an existing blog’)
- Events (Saved: previously-added events and locations)
- Guestbook (Saved: previously-added messages)
- Forum (Saved: previously-added topics and messages)
- Custom Form (Saved: form and previous submissions. When re-adding select ‘Use an existing form.’)
- Poll Custom Form (Saved: questions and previously-recorded votes. When re-adding, select ‘Use an existing question’)
- All features under ‘External’ (Should be re-added while you are logged in to that external website, if not you can easily reconnect)
- File list (Saved: previously uploaded files. When re-adding click ‘Add file’ > ‘Existing’ > ‘Add this file’)
- Flash (When re-adding select ‘Use an existing file’)
- Donation (No content to add)
Note: Bandzoogle staff does not have the ability to ‘undo’ page deletions or the removal of features, so proceed with caution when deleting anything from your website.