There are lots of places on your website to add a quote or testimonial. From your homepage to a press kit page, using a quote gives your website - and your music - some authority.
The Quote feature allows you to add a quote from a trusted source along with a link. It will display directly on your page and match your website design.
How to add a quote to your website:
- From the ‘Edit Content tab’ select ‘Add Feature’
- Select ‘Quote’ and use the placement arrows to set the feature’s location
- In the ‘Quote’ field, paste in or type the text of the quote-
- You don’t need to add in quotation marks - we’ll add them automatically.
- In the ‘Source’ field, enter the quote’s source
- This could be a reviewer, venue owner, musician, or any other trusted source.
- In the ‘Source link’ field, enter the url of where the review is located online (a music blog or an online newspaper, for example)
- Make sure the "http://www." portion of the URL is included in the address.
- Adding a url link adds authority to the quote, but is not required.
- Click ‘Save’
Where can you use a quote?
You can add a Quote feature to any page. Here are a few examples where it would work well to add a quote:
On your homepage
A quote is a great way to introduce your style of music to your fans right away on your landing page.
On your ‘About’ page
Use a quote that describes you as a musician in the bio section of your ‘About’ page.
On your ‘Music’ page
Add a quote from a reviewer or radio station to call attention to your latest album or single.
On your ‘Press Kit’ page
Design your EPK page to include a quote about your live show.
Quotes are a great way to sprinkle in some information about yourself from outside sources. They come across as trusted, and lend authority to the impression you’re creating.