The Bandzoogle ‘Pulse’ template features loading animations, which adds a modern, interesting look to your website. Choose from the animation variations available and the menu animations to add more graphic elements to the full-width header image.
If you’d like to try the Pulse template, head to the ‘Edit Theme’ tab. You can change templates any time while keeping your current content as is. Then, you can customize the look and feel of your website by using the options along the left side of the editor.
‘Pulse’ Template Features
Each Bandzoogle template offers different header sizes and options. The ‘Pulse’ theme offers a full-width header image that displays beneath your ‘Site title’ and ‘Menu.’
You can change the header image on each page and the settings you apply here in your theme editor will apply to all header images.
You can adjust your ‘Header’ area display options in the ‘Edit Theme’ tab. Apply the ‘loading animation’ option here to affect how your site title loads.
- Add an image filter color
- Choose an image filter mode
- Adjust the header height (homepage) between 70% and 100%
- Adjust the header height (inner pages) between 70% and 100%
- Apply ‘Custom mobile header height’ for your mobile homepage
- Adjust the ‘Custom mobile header height’ between 70% and 100%
- Adjust the ‘Title and Menu’ height
- Apply ‘Loading Animation’
- When applied, choose from the following ‘Loading animation’ styles:
- Puff in
- Flip in
- Slide in from the back
- Blur in
- Wipe in
- Box highlight
Title / Logo
Your band or artist name should display prominently on your website. You can use our title text option or upload a logo if you’ve got one already designed. You can also choose ‘None’ to go without a title/logo altogether. You can apply a ‘loading animation’ in the header options to add a dynamic touch to your site title.
- ‘Text’: Enter your band or artist name text in the ‘Site Title’ field; select the font color; set the font style, size, and spacing, and toggle on/off the ‘uppercase’ option
- ‘Logo’: Click ‘Choose An Image’ to upload a logo, and adjust the size using the slider
- ‘None’: This option leaves the site title area blank
With the ‘Pulse’ theme, you can choose the ‘Alignment’ and ‘Vertical Position’ of your ‘Title / Logo.’
The navigation menu is the area where page names are displayed. As clickable text buttons, they will allow your visitors to check out the different pages on your website. In the 'Pulse' theme, your page names are listed horizontally below your ‘Site Title.’
- Menu font color
- Menu font hover color
- Submenu background color
- Submenu font color
- Mobile menu font color
- Mobile menu background color
- Menu font: type, style, and upper/lowercase
- Apply the ‘Menu hover animation’ to have a square animation appear when hovering over the menu item
The content section of your website is where all your image, text, and features live. This is where you add your music, blogs, events, and anything else you’d like to present to your visitors.
- Content font: set the font type, style, size, line height, upper/lowercase, and link style
- Title font: set the font type, style, size, letter spacing, and upper/lowercase
- Heading 1 font: set the font type, style, size, line height, and upper/lowercase options
- Heading 2 font: set the font type, style, size, line height, and upper/lowercase options
Each theme offers styled sections. The ‘Pulse’ theme also features full-width sections, so use the section options to create a cohesive look for your website.
Organize your website by using styled sections. Giving your content a modern look, you can apply up to three section styles on your website. You can set the design of the section styles in the ‘Edit Theme’ tab, then apply your choices to blocks of content through the ‘Edit Content’ tab.
You can customize your sections by using these options:
- Content font color
- Link color
- Title font color
- Heading 1 font color
- Heading 2 font color
- Button color
- Button hover color
- Section background color
Some of your template features include buttons, such as the ‘Mailing List Sign-up Form’ and the ‘Custom Form.’ Here’s how the buttons can be customized to flow with your website design:
- Shape: rounded, square, or pill
- Style: choose from ‘outline’ or ‘solid’
- Color (adjust the ‘button color’ setting in the corresponding ‘Section Style 1/2/3’ area)
Site wide music player
The ‘Pulse’ template features a site wide music player, added through the ‘Edit Content’ tab. This player will appear on the right side of your website. It will pop up when clicked, and will continue to play music as visitors navigate your all of your website pages.
To customize the colors of the player, toggle on the ‘Use custom colors’ option in the ‘Edit Theme’ area, and adjust these settings:
- Background color (set the color you’d like to use)
- Text color (‘white’ or ‘black’)
Site wide ‘My Sites’
Links to external platforms can be added through the ‘My Sites’ feature. There are two versions of the ‘My Sites’ feature: Site wide (displays on each page, either in the header or footer section), and per-page.
With the ‘Pulse template’ the site wide ‘My Sites’ icons will appear within the header area. You can control their placement within the header area with these options:
- Button size
- Button color
- Button hover color
- Button alignment: Left; Center; Right
- Button position: Top; Bottom
The 'Pulse' template offers four preset variations. Each one comes with a base palette of complementary colors. With each one, you can use the existing colours and simply add content, or adjust the colors and design options as you’d like.
Playful: Perfect for a project that is quirky and bright, the ‘Playful’ variation offers a bright yellow site title and menu.
Elegant: With a creamy palette and grey section background colors, this is great for an americana or roots band.
Sombre: This variation features a bold font for the site title and its preset section styles would look great with the Nashville header image filter.
Neutral: This variation incorporates greyscale tones for an effortless look.
‘Pulse’ template tips:
- Try different image filters, including a custom color filter, to add more graphic interest to your full-width header image.
- You can apply just one of the animation options for a subtle approach.
- Adjust your header height for your inner pages to add visual interest.