You can change your website style at any time without affecting your content. The ‘Edit Theme’ tab offers a wide range of preset themes, as well as customization options. You also have access to style sheets (CSS) for templates.
Note: The terms ‘template’ and ‘theme’ are used interchangeably here. They are the same thing in our system.
How to change your template:
- From the ‘Edit Theme’ tab, click ‘View themes’ at the top of your theme panel options. You’ll be taken to the theme chooser that offers several options:
- All themes: All Bandzoogle themes
- Your themes: Browse the themes you’ve already applied. To apply or delete one of the themes you’ve already used, hover over the theme and click ‘Apply theme’ or ‘Delete theme.’
- Note: if you delete one of your themes, you’ll lose any of the color, font, or style customizations you’ve made to the theme previously. You won’t lose your website content.
- One Page Themes: A selection of themes that look great with single-page designs
- Blank: Our most popular themes with no stock imagery, colors, or font styles set.
- EPK: A selection of themes that are perfect for EPK-focused websites
- Theme genres: Eleven different genres with stock imagery to give you examples of how to style each theme for your music genre, including the following:
- Hover over a theme variation, then select ‘Try theme’ or ‘See variations’
- Try theme: Applies the theme to your website and takes you to the theme customization options.
- See variations: Displays the style variations for that template.
- Apply Theme: click on the ‘Theme styles’ available and click ‘Apply theme’ when you find the one you’d like to work with
- Arrows: Use the arrows to the left and right of the variations view to scroll to another theme option
- Back to theme chooser: In the top left of the variation view, click on ‘Back to theme chooser’ to go back to the theme selection page.
- At the bottom of your theme editor, click ‘Save’ or ‘Cancel’ to apply your new theme or discard it. You’ll be presented with the following options:
- Click ‘Yes, publish’ to apply the changes to your live website
- Click ‘No, not right now’ and the theme will be saved in your ‘My Themes’ chooser
- Your changes will be discarded and your theme will revert to your previously applied theme
In the ‘Edit Theme’ tab you’ll see a live preview of how your site will look when published. Because of the sidebar, this is not an exact view of your website’s spacing. For a more accurate impression, click the ‘View site’ button in the top right corner.
Note: Bandzoogle websites are built using our templates and features, so it is not possible to upload a website built externally.