The 'Jacob' website template is subtly stunning, with the option of a page background image, adjustable page content width, and custom background color opacity. This website template allows you to create visual interest from the bottom up.
If you'd like to try the Jacob template, head to the 'Edit Theme' tab. You can change templates any time while retaining your current content. Choose from any of the four variations. Then, customize the look and feel of your website by using the options along the left side of the Theme editor.
'Jacob' Template Features
The 'Jacob' template offers options for your title and menu right at the top of your page. You can adjust where your 'Site Title' - typically your artist or project's name - appears, either above your menu or below your menu.
Add a distinct color behind your 'Site Title,' which will sit behind your name and menu. Then, adjust the opacity if you'd like some of the page background to show through.
The 'Jacob' template will default to having the 'Menu' above your 'Title'. You can flip your site title and menu so that your 'Menu' appears below your 'Title,' which is a classic style.
You can adjust your 'Header' area display options in the 'Edit Theme' tab, modifying it as follows:
- Title and menu background color and opacity
- Flip title and menu; toggle on to place the menu below your site title
Title / Logo
Your website's title, or logo, will appear at the top of the 'Jacob' website template, flush to the left.
You can use a text title, upload a custom logo, or set this option to 'none'. The title/ logo features the following options:
- 'Text': Enter your band or artist name text in the 'Site Title' field; select the font color; set the font style, size, and spacing, and toggle on/off the 'uppercase' option
- 'Logo': Click 'Choose An Image' to upload a logo, and adjust the size using the slider
- 'None': This option leaves the site title area blank
Your website page names are displayed horizontally at the top left of the 'Jacob' template. As clickable text buttons, they allow your visitors to navigate to the different pages on your website.
Customize your menu bar using these design options:
- Menu font color
- Menu font hover color
- Submenu background color
- Submenu font color
- Mobile menu font color
- Mobile menu background color
- Menu font: type, style, and upper/lowercase
To set your menu above or below your 'Site Title,' head to the 'Header' area of the Theme Editor and make your adjustments there.
The 'Jacob' theme offers a full page background where you can upload an image or use a solid color, along with other options for your page content. With this website template, you can set your content to span the full width of the page. If you add a full page background image, it will stay fixed in place as your website visitors scroll through your content.
Here are the options to adjust your page background with 'Jacob':
- Page background color
- Page background image: upload your own or choose from our stock imagery
- Background image opacity
- Page content positioning: Left, Center, Right
- Page content width
The 'Content' section defines the consistent design choices throughout your website. This includes your content title, heading, and font choices. The 'Jacob' template allows you to adjust these options:
- Content font: set the font type, style, size, line height, upper/lowercase, and link style Title font: set the font type, style, size, letter spacing, and upper/lowercase
- Heading 1 font: set the font type, style, size, line height, and upper/lowercase options
- Heading 2 font: set the font type, style, size, line height, and upper/lowercase options
Bandzoogle themes offer three section styles. To apply different section styles to your website content, go to your 'Edit Content' tab. To set the design options per section, look for the 'Section' area of your 'Edit Theme' tab. Here, you can apply the design options for your different section styles.
You can customize your sections by using these options:
- Content font color
- Link color
- Title font color
- Heading 1 font color
- Heading 2 font color
- Button color
- Button hover color
- Section background color
- Background color opacity
Note: if you'd like to add a background image to your section, or adjust the padding, you can do that in the 'Edit Content' tab. For more on how to customize your website's sections, please see: Styled website sections.
Some of your template features include buttons, such as the 'Mailing List Sign-up Form' and the 'Custom Form.' Here's how the buttons can be customized to flow with your website design:
- Shape: rounded, square, or pill
- Style: choose from 'outline' or 'solid'
- Color (adjust the 'button color' setting in the corresponding 'Section Style 1/2/3' area)
Site-wide music player
The 'Jacob' template features an expandable site-wide music player that can be added through the 'Edit Content' tab. This player appears on the bottom right side of your website, will pop up when clicked, and will play music continuously as visitors navigate your website.
To customize the colors of the site-wide player, toggle on the 'Use custom colors' option in the 'Edit Theme' area, and adjust these settings:
- Background color (set the color you'd like to use)
- Text color ('white' or 'black')
Site-wide 'My Sites'
This template includes site-wide social media icons that will display in the header area on the bottom right side, opposite your navigation menu. You can adjust them as follows:
- Button size (increase or decrease the size)
- Button color
- Button hover color
The 'Jacob' music website template offers four variations. Each preset version comes with a palette of color and fonts that work together. With each one, you can use the existing colours and add content, or adjust the colors and design options to customize the look and feel.
- Neutral: This variation features sans-serif fonts, a white page background, and black fonts for a monochrome look.
- Sombre: For a dramatic look, the sombre option combines stylish fonts with a black and white palette.
- Playful: A colorful palette of royal purples and white, expressive fonts.
- Elegant: With a gorgeous taupe background color and cursive fonts, the elegant palette is graceful and tasteful.
'Jacob' template tips:
- Try a stylized font for your artist name to make it stand out against your content and really brand yourself.
- Experiment with your content width and background opacity to work with your background image.
- Add a 'Title and menu background' color to make your header text stand out!