Whether you like your content big and bold or more refined, Slice cuts straight to it. With a dedicated page background color or image, and the option to adjust your content width, your content is king with this theme.
If you’d like to try the Slice template, head to the ‘Edit Theme’ tab. You can change templates any time while retaining your current content. Then you can customize the options for the look and feel of your website by using the options along the left side of the editor.
'Slice' template features
'Slice' features a full-page background image with your choice of background color overlay. In the ‘Edit Theme’ tab, upload a background image that conveys your band’s brand. A landscape-style image (longer than it is wide) is ideal to use here.
You can modify your background image with these options:
- Add an overall background color Adjust the opacity of your background image
- The interior pages of your ‘Slice’ website template will include your background image settings.
Title / Logo
With the bold 'Slice' title and menu bar, you can flip your ‘Site Title’ and ‘Menu’ positions. You can use a text title, upload a custom logo, or set this option to ‘none’. The title will appear above or below your menu. It features the following options:
‘Text’: Enter your band or artist name text in the
‘Site Title’ field; select the font color; set the font style, size, and spacing, and toggle on/off the ‘uppercase’ option
‘Logo’: Click ‘Choose An Image’ to upload a logo, and adjust the size using the slider
‘None’: This option leaves the site title area blank
The navigation menu is the area where page names are displayed. As clickable text buttons, they will allow your visitors to check out the different pages on your website. In 'Slice,' your page names are listed horizontally above or below your ‘Site Title,’ as per your settings.
Customize the look and feel of your ‘Slice’ menu bar using these design options:
- Menu font color
- Menu font hover color
- Submenu background color
- Submenu font color
- Mobile menu font color
- Mobile menu background color
- Menu font: type, style, and upper/lowercase
- Full width menu will become a hamburger menu on mobile
The page section allows you to upload an image to fill your background area if desired. This will sit behind your content area. Your page design settings can be adjusted in the following ways:
- Background color: Set a color to display behind your content, if you don’t have an image
- Page background image: Upload an image to display behind your content
- Background image opacity: Adjust the opacity of the background image for more or less transparency
- Page content positioning: Top, Center, or Bottom
- Page content width: Change the amount of page space your content fills
The ‘Content’ section defines the consistent design choices throughout your website. This includes your content font and page positioning. The 'Slice’ template allows you to adjust these options:
- Content font options: (content, title, headings)
- Line height
- Link style (for content links only)
- Content colors: Use section styles for content font, button and background colors
- Adjust content width: Yes
Organize your website by using styled sections. Giving your content a modern look, you can apply up to three section styles on your website. You can set the design of the section styles in the ‘Edit Theme’ tab, then apply your choices to blocks of content through the ‘Edit Content’ tab.
You can customize your sections by using these options:
- Content font color
- Link color
- Title font color
- Heading 1 font color
- Heading 2 font color
- Button color
- Button hover color
- Section background color
- Background color opacity
Some of your template features include buttons, such as the ‘Mailing List Sign-up Form’ and the ‘Custom Form.’ Here’s how the buttons can be customized to flow with your website design:
- Shape: rounded, square, or pill
- Style: choose from ‘outline’ or ‘solid’
- Color (adjust the ‘button color’ setting in the corresponding ‘Section Style 1/2/3’ area)
Site wide music player
The ‘Slice’ template features an expandable site wide music player that can be added through the ‘Edit Content’ tab. This player appears on the right side of your website, will pop up when clicked, and will play music as visitors navigate your website.
To customize the colors of the player, toggle on the ‘Use custom colors’ option in the ‘Edit Theme’ area, and adjust these settings:
- Background color (set the color you’d like to use)
- Text color (‘white’ or ‘black’)
The 'Slice' template offers four preset variations. Each one comes with a base palette of complementary colors. With each one, you can use the existing colours and simply add content, or adjust the colors and design options as you’d like.
Playful: Features a modern color palette of vibrant blue and stark white, plus a bold sans-serif font.
Neutral: Made up of whites and dark gray. This version uses smaller spaces between letters to accentuate the Montserrat sans-serif type.
Sombre: This palette features a stark black background, with red and white fonts and accents for an austere look.
Elegant: With a grey background and white content area, this Elegant variation also features serif fonts for a classic look.
'Slice' template tips:
- Try different colors and images in the page background
- If you want your page background image to peek through a bit, you can set the background color opacity per section.
- You can adjust the content width of your site! If you want a narrow content field bordered by your background image, it’s a great option.