The ‘Tip Jar’ feature allows you to gather tips from your fans on any page on your website. This is great for getting extra monetary support from your fans. All tips you receive are commission-free.
This help article will help you set up the ‘Tip Jar’ feature. For more information on our ‘Donation’ feature, please visit the ‘Donation Feature’ help article.
How to add the ‘Tip Jar’ feature:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Tip Jar’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the ‘Tip Jar’ location
- Add a title in the ‘Title’ field. This will appear at the top of your ‘Tip Jar’ description.
- Add text into the ‘Description’ field.
- In the ‘Button text’ field, add customized text that will display on your ‘Tip Jar‘ button
- From the ‘Media’ options, choose ‘Image’ or ‘Video link / embed code’
- To add an image, click Add Image and upload an image from your computer.
- To add a video or a live stream, add a video link or embed code in the field provided. You can add a link from YouTube, Vimeo, Twitch, Crowdcast, or Facebook.
- A preview of your video will appear.
- Set the ‘Minimum Tip Amount’
- Set your options:
- ‘Show share link’ — If you enable this element, a ‘Share’ icon will appear on your live site and you’ll be able to share to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, or with a direct link)
- ‘Share a link to your website’ — with this element enabled, a permalink to your website will appear when sharing your ‘Tip Jar’
Notes: The Tip Jar feature works with the same payment settings as your Store and Music features. Changing the PayPal or Stripe account here will update your payment settings for all sales features. To learn more about connecting your Tip Jar’s payment settings, please see the ‘Getting Paid Through Paypal and Stripe’ help article.
You can add pre-recorded video or a live stream to your Tip Jar.