The ‘Tip Jar’ feature allows you to gather tips from your fans on any page on your website. This is great for getting extra monetary support from your fans. All tips you receive are commission-free.
This help article will help you set up the ‘Tip Jar’ feature. For more information on our ‘Donation’ feature, please visit the ‘Donation Feature’ help article.
How to add the ‘Tip Jar’ feature:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Tip Jar’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the ‘Tip Jar’ location
- Add your ‘Title,’ ‘Description’, and an image to your feature
- Set the ‘Minimum Tip Amount’
- In the options, choose whether to ‘Show share link’ — If you enable this element, a ‘Share’ icon will appear on your live site and you’ll be able to share to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, or with a direct link
- In the options, choose whether to ‘Share a link to your website' — with this element enabled, a link to your website will appear when sharing your ‘Tip Jar’ on a social media platform
Note: The Tip Jar feature works with the same payment settings as your Store and Music features. It will also include the same 'Thank you' message. Changing the PayPal or Stripe account here will update your payment settings for all sales features. To learn more about connecting your Tip Jar’s payment settings, please see the ‘Getting Paid Through Paypal and Stripe’ help article.