To make fans feel valued, it’s a good idea to occasionally add sales and discounts. This is typically done around holidays or special events, but with Bandzoogle’s eCommerce features you can do this any time. Sales and Discounts options are available to Pro plan members.
This Help article includes:
- How to put music on sale
- How to put merch on sale
- How to add discount codes through your 'Selling Tools' control panel
- How to use discount codes for music and merch
- How to get paid for sales
- How to view sales
Putting music on sale
After you have added tracks or albums to your Music features, you can edit the price settings. To add music to your website, please view the ‘Adding Music’ Help article. To place music on sale, follow these steps:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, select a ‘Music’ feature
- Click the title of the album or track you want to adjust
- Next to ‘Allow download/sale’ select ‘Yes’
- Select ‘Paid - fixed price’
- Check ‘Is on sale’
- Enter the sale price or percent discount
- Click ‘Save’
Putting merch on sale
After you have added physical merch or downloadable files to your Store feature, you can edit the price settings. To add physical items to your website, please view the ‘Selling Physical Merch’ Help article. To put music on sale, follow these steps:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, select a ‘Store’ feature
- Click the name of the product you want to adjust
- Enter a regular price
- Check ‘Is on sale’
- Enter the sale price or a percentage discount
- Click ‘Save’
Using discount codes
The ‘Discount Code’ feature is available to members on the Pro plan, and allows you to generate a code to distribute to fans. The discount will apply to anything in their cart, including digital downloads, physical merch, and tickets.
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, select a ‘Store’ or ‘Music’ feature
- Select ‘Discount codes’ from the left-hand pane
- Enter the code of your choice
- Example: summer15 or holiday20 or G7ix29M (anything you’d like)
Add a percentage discount (Must be between 1 and 99)
Note: The new discount code will default to never expire, but if you'd like to set a limited time, check the box next to ‘expires on’, and set an expiration date. Discount codes expire at midnight on the date of expiration.
Click ‘Add code’
Site visitors will input the discount code after they add items to their shopping cart. The percentage discount will be applied to their total purchase.
How to add discount codes through your ‘Selling Tools’ control panel
You can add and edit discount codes in your ‘Selling Tools’ control panel. To locate the ‘Discount codes’ options within that area, follow these steps:
- In your Bandzoogle control panel, click on ‘Selling tools’
- In the list of options on the left, click ‘Discount codes’
Edits and additions to codes from your ‘Selling Tools’ control panel will be applied throughout your site.
How to get paid
Anytime you sell an item through your website, you’ll be paid for it. This payment will go either to Stripe or Paypal, depending on which platform you have set up and which method of payment your customer uses to complete their purchase. Bandzoogle does not take any money from your sales.
To learn more about where to collect money from your sales, please view the ‘Getting Paid through Paypal and Stripe’ Help article.
How to view sales
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Choose the ‘Store’ or ‘Music’ Feature
- Select the ‘Transaction History’ tab in the left-hand pane
Here you can view all sales from all Selling Tools on your Bandzoogle website.