If you are a composer or you have transcriptions of your band’s music as tablature or standard music notation, selling sheet music through your website is a great way to generate income.
How to use the ‘Store’ feature to sell your sheet music
Sheet music can be written in a variety of programs or by hand. Once you’ve finalized the notes on the page, export your sheet music to a PDF file so you can easily share it with your fans. You can choose to sell your sheet music online, or offer it as a free download.
Here is how you can use the ‘Store’ feature to sell your sheet music:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Store’ feature and use the placement arrows to set the feature’s location
- Click ‘Add Product’
- Next to ‘Type’, select ‘File download’ from the dropdown
- Enter the product information
- Product name: Name your sheet music file
- Purchase type:
- Free: Select if you’d like your fan to download the sheet music at no cost.
- Paid - fixed price: Set a purchase price for the sheet music file.
- Optional: Select ‘Is on sale’ to set a ‘Sale’ price or ‘Percent’ discount.
- Paid - fans set price: Allow your fans to set the price they want to pay for the sheet music. A minimum amount can be set here.
- Description: Enter a thorough description of what the customer would receive when purchasing your sheet music.
- Images: Upload images from your computer that show what your customer would receive. You can add a watermarked image of your sheet music, for example..
- Available: Item will display for purchase on your website.
- Not available: Item will display on your website but will include a ‘Not available’ note.
- Hidden: Allows you to add the item on your Bandzoogle account but won’t display on your website until you are ready to set it to ‘available’.
- Files: Upload a PDF version of your sheet music from your computer or from Dropbox. From the dropdown, you can also select files that you’ve already uploaded through other Bandzoogle features.
- Once uploaded, add a name or description to the sheet music so it’s easily recognized on the customer’s computer once downloaded.
- To add more than one file, click ‘Add another file’. There’s no limit to the number of files that can be uploaded here.
- Taxjar category: If applicable, select the tax category for your item.
- For detailed information on taxes, please view the ‘Adding Sales Tax’ help article.
- Click ‘Save’