With our Store feature you can sell all sorts of merch. If you’d like to add sales tax to your Store items you have a few options.
This Help article includes:
- Adding a Store item
- Adding tax with TaxJar
- Adding tax with Paypal
- Adding tax manually
Adding a Store item
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Store’ feature and use the placement arrows to set the feature’s location
- Click ‘Add Product’
- Next to ‘Type’, select ‘Product/Service’ from the drop-down
- Enter the product information
Next to ‘TaxJar Category’, select your item tax type
Note: Use this option only if you have set up your TaxJar account using the steps in the next section.
Adding tax using TaxJar
- Sign up for a TaxJar account
- Copy the ‘Live Token’ under ‘SmartCalcs API Token’
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab in your Bandzoogle account, click the ‘Store’ feature
- Select the ‘Tax settings’ tab from the settings pane on the left
- Click ‘Connect TaxJar’
- Paste your ‘Live Token’ into the TaxJar API token field
- Click ‘Save Settings’
- From your store item page, next to ‘TaxJar Category’, select your item tax type
- Click ‘Save’
Note: An API is a chunk of code from one website that allows you to integrate their service on external websites. TaxJar's API allows us to use data from your account there to generate sales tax without having to leave your website, making the checkout process easier for your customers.
Adding tax using Paypal
PayPal allows you to set sales tax for domestic and international items if you have a free PayPal Business account.
- Login to your Paypal.com Business account
- Click ‘My Account’
- Click ‘Profile’
- Click ‘My selling tools’
- Next to Sales tax, click ‘Update’
- Create your sales tax rates
To read more about connecting your PayPal account with your website, please view the ‘Getting Paid Through Paypal and Stripe’ Help article.
- You can create multiple sales tax rates, specified by region. These rates are applied to all payments you receive. You may define a separate sales tax rate for each of the 50 U.S. states, provinces, territories, or for your country. You can select the option to apply sales tax to shipping, or not. Sales taxes will be applied to purchases made through your website associated with the same PayPal account.
- Bandzoogle cannot provide support for questions about Paypal tax. For help with this option, please contact the Paypal support team.
Adding tax manually
The Bandzoogle store does not include a manual taxation field. Members wishing to avoid using TaxJar or Paypal for taxation can simply increase the prices on store items to cover the tax rate. Bandzoogle cannot offer legal tax advice, so it’s best to contact your local tax professional if you have any questions on taxation rates and laws in your area.