As any artist selling their music or merch online knows, tax time can be a bit of a pain when it rolls around this time of year. You need all of your sales numbers, and you need them fast.
We’ve made an addition to all of our commission-free e-commerce features to make that process a little easier. Now you can export all of your sales data quickly and easily into a handy .csv file to sort, filter, and keep for your records.
All of your transaction data available in one spreadsheet
You’ll have a handy column by column breakdown of all your transaction details including the Item Name, Payment Total, Customer name and email, Shipping Address and more.
How this benefits you
- Tax Time: If you need to report your total yearly revenue, now you can quickly export all of the numbers you need, and make use of Excel’s handy tools to do the math for you.
- Shipping out large numbers of orders: Now you can access and sort all of the shipping addresses for items that need to be sent out in one place. You can also easily share the file if you have someone helping you fulfill orders.
- Ticket sales: Export all of your sales, then sort by show to quickly add up the revenue.
- Personal record keeping: If you’re the type that likes to keep your own database and statistics of orders or revenue for example, you can now export your data periodically and add it to your own personal spreadsheet or accounting software.
How to export your data
Managing financial figures and spreadsheets isn’t easy for all of us, but the good news is that finding where to export your data is.
Simply log into your Bandzoogle account and click on your Edit Content tab. From there, click on any of your music or store features. This could be an Album, Site-wide Music player, or a Store feature.
Once you do, you’ll bring up the payment settings screen and see Transaction History in the options on the left. Click there, then click on the green Export button you’ll see waiting for you at the top of the page. This will generate the .csv file and give you a download button.
Spreadsheet tips and tricks
Filters can be used in Excel to isolate just the information you need in a spreadsheet, and hide everything else. The easiest way to do this is to select the data you want to filter. So for example, highlight 2 columns you want to isolate and see on their own. On the Data tab, choose Filter and voila!
Calculating the total sales
You’ll notice on your exported spreadsheet that there is a Payment Total column, listing the amount of money collected from each of your sales. If you need to add all this up to calculate the amount of revenue collected over a period of time, make use of the Sum figure in Excel.
Highlight the entire column or just click and drag to outline the numbers you want to add up. In the Excel toolbar along the bottom of your screen it’ll display a handy “Sum” figure with the total already calculated for you.
With the addition of an export option, you’ll be better able to see bulk sales, create filters for figures and tax time, and to see ticket sales all at once. We hope this is a handy update that you’ll enjoy using!
Sell music and merch directly from your website, commission-free. Build a website to sell music with Bandzoogle today.
Build a stunning band website and store in minutes
- Promote your music on your own unique website.
- Sell music & merch directly to your fans. Keep 100%.
- Grow your fan base with built-in marketing tools.
Free 30 day trial, no credit card needed.