Highlighting reviews from reputable sources–like magazines, blogs, and industry professionals–is a great way to promote your music online. Add reviews to your Bandzoogle website for testimonials of your live performances, recorded albums, or music teaching and workshops.
In this article, we’ll explore the following ways to include reviews on your Bandzoogle website:
- Using the ‘Quote’ feature
- Using the ‘Text’ feature
- Using the ‘Image’ feature
- Using the ‘Gigsalad’ feature
- Embedding from an external source
Using the ‘Quote’ feature
The ‘Quote’ feature allows you to display a short amount of text on your site with a neatly formatted text area and byline. To add reviews to your website using the ‘Quote’ feature, follow these steps:
- From the ‘Edit Content tab’ select ‘Add Feature’
- Select ‘Quote’ and use the placement arrows to set the feature’s location
- In the ‘Quote’ field, paste in or type the text of the review
- Quotation marks are added automatically
- In the ‘Source’ field, enter the quote’s source
- This could be a reviewer, venue owner, musician, or any other trusted source.
- In the ‘Source link’ field, enter the url of where the review is located online (a music blog or an online newspaper, for example)
- Make sure the "http://www." portion of the URL is included in the address.
- Adding a URL link adds authority to the quote, but is not required
- Set the ‘Display Format’ by choosing large, medium, or small from the dropdown
- Click ‘Save’
Using the ‘Text’ feature
For reviews that are longer than one paragraph, use the ‘Text’ feature. The ‘Text’ feature allows you to customize the appearance of your reviews, by making spacing between paragraphs, or changing font styles such as bold and italic text. To add a reviews to your website using a ‘Text’ feature, follow these steps:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ and open the page on which you’ll be working
- Click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘Text’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on the page to set the feature’s location
- Add your review text and apply any formatting
- Click ‘Save’
Using the ‘Image’ feature
If you have a saved image or a screen grab of a review from a magazine or newspaper, using the ‘Image’ feature is a great way to display the review on your website. To learn more about adding images to your website, check out our ‘Adding images’ article.
Using the ‘GigSalad’ feature
GigSalad is a platform that allows its members to collect reviews and offer booking details. If you have an account with GigSalad, you can also display your reviews and testimonials from GigSalad on your Bandzoogle website. If you’d like to display these reviews, follow these steps:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Add feature’
- Select the ‘GigSalad Review’ feature
- Use the placement arrows on that page to set the feature’s location
- Select the number of reviews to display from the dropdown
- Copy your PromoKit URL or username from your GigSalad account
- On your Bandzoogle website, paste the PromoKit URL or username into the GigSalad feature
Note: Once the URL is pasted, the feature will load your form to preview. If you don’t see the preview, please refresh the page and try entering the URL again.
- Click ‘Save’