If you use YouTube frequently to showcase your band, you may have accumulated a lot of content over time. Did you know that you can easily showcase a reel of your video content on your Bandzoogle website by adding a video playlist? This is pretty easy to do! Here's how:
To show a selection of videos that is easily editable, embed a playlist. When you update the playlist on YouTube, the playlist on your site will update as well. This is a good way of creating longer stories through a series of videos or simply giving your readers more pre-selected content to watch.
- Login to YouTube.com
- To create a playlist, go to the My Playlists page > Click Manage > click '+ New Playlist' and fill out Playlist Title and Information.
- On the Edit Playlist screen, make sure to set the playlist to Public. Private playlists won't be shareable or embedable.
- As you find videos you like on YouTube, click "Add to" and then 'Add to Playlist' under the player to add them to your list.
You can also add them by URL on the Edit Playlist screen. This means that when you a viewing a video you like, copy the link that appears in the address bar to paste into this field. You can change the order of the videos in your playlist by returning to the 'My Playlist' page.
- While viewing your playlist, click 1) Share, 2) Embed, adjust the video size, and 3) copy the embed code provided
- At Bandzoogle, copy and paste the code into an HTML feature (in Edit Pages click ADD FEATURE> HTML)
You may have noticed you can also compile lists of videos other YouTube members have posted. This is a great way to showcase your next opening act or headliner, share fan videos of your last show, or post videos from your bandmates' personal YouTube accounts.
Here is an example of a YouTube Playlist I created titled "Bandzoogle Website Review Reel". WARNING: Listening to 5 website reviews narrated by Dave Cool may lull you into a total zen state.