Bandzoogle provides one free domain name with each paid plan. After setting up your custom domain you should also consider adding a domain-based email address. You can either purchase an email inbox through Bandzoogle ($14.95 per year, per inbox) or set one up elsewhere.
Bandzoogle email is a great cost-effective option for email service. But if you’d like an alternative, Google Apps is a reliable option as well. Their basic plan is $5 a month ($60 per year, per inbox).
How to set up a domain-based email inbox through Google Apps:
PART 1 - Getting Started
- Go to Google Apps and click ‘Get started’
- Enter the required information in the three-step setup
- Click ‘Create your account’
- On the ‘Set up Google Apps for Work’ page, click ‘Continue’ under the ‘Set up on your own’ option
- From the ‘Google Apps administrative dashboard’ click ‘Start Setup’
- Click ‘Verify Domain’
- Highlight and copy the ‘Meta tag value’
PART 2 - Connecting Google Apps with Bandzoogle
- From a new browser tab, log in to your Bandzoogle account
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ in the panel on the left
- Click ‘Site wide settings’ below the list of pages
- Select ‘Sitemaps’
- Paste the ‘Meta tag value’ into the ‘Google Verification metatag’ field
- Click ‘Save’
PART 3 - Google Verification
- Return to the ‘Google Apps’ setup tab
- Check the box for "I have added the meta tag to my homepage"
- Click ‘Verify’
- Google will successfully complete the verification, then click ‘Continue Setup’
You will be returned to the main Google dashboard and your primary address will automatically be activated. From here you can add additional users as necessary, following instructions at Google’s support center.
PART 4 - Routing your domain email to Google Apps
- Return to your Bandzoogle account
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner
- Select ‘Account Details’ from the drop-down menu
- Click your domain name
- Next to ‘Email provider’, select ‘Google’ from the drop-down
- Click ‘Save’
Mail should start routing to the new servers within the hour, but this step can take up to 24 hours. Once the routing is working, you can send/receive email by logging in at https://www.gmail.com using the full email address and password you set in Google apps.
- These instructions only apply to a Google Apps domain-based email account, such as email@example.com. This setup does not apply to a free Gmail email address like firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can access and manage your Google Apps email at https://admin.google.com. Log in using the administrative address you used in the three-step Google Apps setup.
- If you have connected your domain using forwarding or an A record, your domain host is in control of your records. Please contact your domain host and ask them to update your records for you.
For more information on other email options, please view the ‘Website Email Address’ Help article.