Buttons are clickable icons that perform a specific operation on your website. For example, they allow visitors to ‘buy’ on your music page and ‘sign up’ to your mailing list. Because these buttons require action, it’s important to make them stand out. You can do this by customizing the color and shape of the buttons to suit your website style.
How to customize the shape of your website buttons:
- From the ‘Edit Theme’ tab, scroll to the bottom of the settings pane on the left
- Under the ‘Buttons’ section choose your options
- Rounded: Rectangle with rounded corners
- Square: Rectangle with square corners
- Pill: Oblong pill shape
- Style: Outline or Solid color fill
- Click ‘Save’
Note: This will change the styling for all buttons on your website, but not your menu buttons. This will also not affect the Site-wide ‘My Sites’ feature buttons, as they have their own styling tools.
How to customize the color of your website buttons:
The color of your buttons is determined by the style settings of the section where the buttons are displayed.
- From the ‘Edit Theme’ tab, scroll in settings pane on the left to the section you are working on (Section style 1, 2 or 3)
- Choose your options
- Button color: The color of the button (either outline or solid)
- Button hover color: The button color when the visitor places their cursor on it
- Click ‘Save’
How to determine section style being used in a section of your website
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, hover over any section
- Click ‘Edit Section’
- Click the ‘Section Colors’ dropdown
- Whichever section displays there is the section style applied to that area