Your profile information is what identifies your website within Bandzoogle, on social media, and in search engine results. It’s important to keep this section updated so that the correct information displays online for fans and media professionals.
How to update your profile information:
- From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click ‘Pages’ on the left side of the screen
- Select ‘Site wide settings’ below the list of pages
- Under the ‘Site profile’ tab, you can update the following:
- Project name: This will display in the browser tab at the top of the screen when your site is loaded, and within your Bandzoogle account as the username dropdown item next to the ‘View site’ button. It is also visible when you post in the ‘Community’ tab.
- Category, Type, Genre, City/Town: This will be listed when you post a link to Facebook. It will also be used to generate the artist description posted in search engine results from Google.
- Short description: This description appears in search engine results, or when you share your website address to social media sites like Facebook.
- Time zone: This determines what time zone to use when you’ve scheduled specific times for sending campaigns out to fans through your Mailing List tab.
- Site language: All the built-in content (buttons, messages, receipts, etc) will automatically translate to the language you assign here.
- Project image: This image may be used when sharing your site to social media platforms like Facebook. It will also display in the ‘Community’ tab when you post to a Bandzoogle forum. Note that if the image does not measure at least 1200 x 630 pixels, or is larger than 2000 pixels wide, Facebook may choose an alternate image from the site you are sharing. (To learn more about image sizes on Facebook, click here.)
- Click ‘Save’
- The project name is used to create your free trial URL (projectname.bandzoogle.com), but the URL will not change if the project name is updated.
- The trial URL is permanent in our system and cannot be altered. However, once you have registered a free custom domain name through your paid plan -- or added one that you already own -- the trial URL will not be visible to the public. It can only be seen from inside your Bandzoogle account.
Updating your project name will not affect your site content, header title or your domain name. To update these, please use the following steps:
How to update your header site title:
- From the ‘Edit Theme’ tab, in the editor bar on the left edit the title under ‘Site Title’
- Click ‘Save’
How to update your domain name:
- Once registered, a domain name cannot be altered. You can, however, register an additional domain.
- Click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner of your control panel.
- Select ‘Account Details’ from the dropdown menu.
- Add a new domain in the ‘Domain Manager’ section of that page.