It's always a great idea to add a digital press kit page to your website. Here's how to create an online presskit through Bandzoogle.
The first step is compiling the information, and add it to the appropriate page features.
- Write a bio: This is probably the hardest part of creating a press kit, and arguably the most important. A lackluster bio will steer festival directors away from your band. Treat your bio how you would a hit song - hooks. You have to keep your reader interested. We have several help articles on this topic, but we can never stress the importance of a good bio enough. Think of it as a cover letter on your resume.
- Add sound and video: Create a medley or select tracks you are best known for. Make sure these are high quality versions; our players allow you to set the quality of all tracks from low to uncompressed. You can use an audio player that will create a unique play list for your EPK page, and even customize the player colour in the Options to match your album or website design. If you have a music video or live show footage with a good sound, you can also add it via the YouTube feature. This works great in conjunction with your players, as it will automatically pause other music on your site when played.
- In the news: Pull together press clippings, blog posts, quotes, awards, nominations, interviews. You can make them available in list form through a text feature, and add download links (for BZ members: search for ADD LINK in your Help section to find out how) for visitors. Try to link to the content within your site; the content may become unavailable on external sites sooner than you notice, and broken links would look unprofessional to A&R reps.
- Image is everything: Take some high resolution band photos to get started. High res photos are key for your band's professional image since they won't appear blurred or pixelated in print or blog posts.
- Current affairs: Have a new album coming out? Touring this Summer? Let media know where to find you next, and that you are actively involved in making music. Add an Event feature to show case upcoming and past shows, or a News feature to keep your information fresh.
- Contact info: This is a good opportunity to use the custom mail form, which allows you to create a list of specific information that is sent to the email address of your choice (like your manager instead of your drummer.)
Creating the layout
Feature titles will help properly label your content and let the visitor know what information they are looking at. I would also recommend titling the page Press Kit and adding it to the main menu, so that it can be found easily.
Below are some great examples of Bandzoogle members with really well organized electronic press kits created using internal links, clean layouts and Bandzoogle features. The result is really attractive Press Kit pages that are easy to navigate. Enjoy!
Catch the attention of industry & media with a professional digital press kit integrated onto your own Bandzoogle website in minutes. Sign up free now!
Build a stunning band website and store in minutes
- Promote your music on your own unique website.
- Sell music & merch directly to your fans. Keep 100%.
- Grow your fan base with built-in marketing tools.
Free 30 day trial, no credit card needed.