2008 was an exciting year for Bandzoogle.
Four new Zooglers joined the team - Stacey and Allison are our new support gurus. They have helped thousands of bands make the most of the Bandzoogle system. Nick has taken over the design end. He defined a new look for Bandzoogle and is now helping to sketch out our new template system. Dave is a talented programmer from the UK. In just a few months he has made major contributions to the Bandzoogle system with features like newsletter templates and a new help system.
We also added some major updates. The biggest changes were ones you can't see. We've added more backup systems, monitoring, more reliable database and file server infrastructure. Not very exciting, but they keep your site running without interruption. Some updates you can see are:
- Improved the Album Download feature - Building on the simple MP3 store we had, the revamped feature lets you sell albums (including downloadable artwork), and automatically makes preview clips with fade in/out. Since we posted back in January, an amazing $700,000 of music has been sold using this feature.
- Improve Store feature - Visitors can buy physical goods and digital music in the same cart and checkout. The control panel lets you keep track of items to ship, and print packing slips.
- New page layout system - Removed the limit on page features. You can also move features to different pages, or change the layout to be in columns in a couple clicks.
- Revamped the Bandzoogle front end - A fresh new look for our home page.
- Added easier mailing list management - You can now groups members, add custom data fields, and import/export your list.
- 12 times more email space - We switched to a more powerful web mail system called Zimbra, and also increased storage by 12 times.
- Instituted a "template of the week" - We're listening to your feedback and creating new styles based on your requests every week.
- Added podcasting - a popular new feature, you can easily create a podcast by adding tracks to the blog feature.
- Increased website storage by 10x - After upgrading our network to be on Amazon S3 (one of the best around) we boosted file storage by 10x for all members.
- Added mailing list templates - Create customized newsletter templates with graphics in just a few clicks.
We have some great new features planned for next year, and will post about them soon. Here's wishing everyone a happy and successful 2009!
Build a stunning band website and store in minutes
- Promote your music on your own unique website.
- Sell music & merch directly to your fans. Keep 100%.
- Grow your fan base with built-in marketing tools.
Free 30 day trial, no credit card needed.