As Chris mentioned in his blog post two weeks ago, our members have sold over $30,000 worth of MP3 downloads since we introduced the Audio Store feature 18 months ago. Congratulations everyone, $30k is awesome! But at Bandzoogle we like to aim big, so we'd like to challenge you to hit $100k by the end of the year. It's a big challenge, but you can do it! Don't worry, you're not in this alone. To help you out, we've just released a major upgrade to the music store feature that makes it easier for you to organize and promote your music and easier for your fans to buy more of it. Here are some of the major improvements:
- The feature is now called "Album Download" and you can add as many of them to your site as you like, using one per album. Once you've set up the album information, your tracks will be displayed on your website in an attractive format including the album art, album info, etc. If you don't want to group your tracks by album, just don't add the album info and your tracks will continue to appear much as they used to.
- Once you've set up your album info, your fans will be able to purchase the entire album in one click, rather than having to purchase each track individually. When they make their purchase, all of the tracks, the album art, and a playlist file will be wrapped up into a zip file automatically, ready to be downloaded and enjoyed.
- You can still set the price for each track individually, but you can also set the price for the album as a whole. For example, you could sell the 10 tracks in an album at $0.99 each, but only charge $7.99 to purchase all of them.
- The audio preview clips are of a higher quality than before and they will automatically pause the site-wide audio player when they are played.
- Your audio store now uses a much better shopping cart system which allows your visitors to purchase a mix of tracks and albums from pages throughout your site.
★ Posted on 01/28/2008 | 46 comments ★